What is CE Marking?
CE(Conformité Européene), which means “European Conformity”. mean that the manufacturer or importer affirms the good's conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.
The CE mark indicates that the product may be sold freely in any part of the European Economic Area, regardless of its country of origin
Which Countries Require CE Marking?
The countries that require CE marking are the 31 countries in the European Economic Area: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
In addition, Turkey and switzerland has fully implemented many of the CE marking directives
What is the Correct Symbol
- The initials ‘CE’ is in the standard, recognizable form
- If you reduce or enlarge the size of your marking the letters CE must be in proportion to the standard version
- The CE marking is at least 5 millimeters
- CE marking is affixed on the product or its nameplate or on the packaging and accompanying documents
- CE marking is easy to see, readable and permanent
How to Place a CE Marking on a Product
- Find the CE directive(s) that applies to your product.
- Know the essential requirements for your product
- Determine if you need third-party certification
- Assess product conformity
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Declaration of Conformity & affixing the CE Mark
How do I Check my Product is CE Marked?
The easiest way to check is to look for the symbol.
It should be on the product itself, or on the packaging or information that came with it.
If a product that needs CE marking doesn’t meet the relevant requirements, it cannot be sold legally in the participating countries.
CE Marking on Chargers
If the product of the switching power adapter is to be exported to European countries, it must bear the "CE" mark. This mark indicates that the product complies with one or more relevant European directives.
The power adapter products will undergo certification inspections such as production quality, product quality, unit verification, EC type test, etc. After the acceptance is passed, the corresponding "CE" mark will be issued.
The "CE" mark issued by the European Union must be printed in a prominent position on the nameplate and packaging box.