GaN Fast Charger
I think that those who are concerned about the cellphone industry have noticed that "Gallium Nitride (GaN)" has shown up much more often recently. So, what is the difference between a charger that introduces "gallium nitride (GaN)" and a traditional charger? Let's chat today ！
Gallium nitride is an inorganic, chemical form GaN, a compound of nitrogen and gallium, is a direct bandgap semiconductor, commonly used in light-emitting diodes since 1990.
What is the Difference Between GaN and Silicon Chargers?
Gallium nitride (GaN) technology has a higher power density than silicon chargers and also offers better efficiency than basic USB‑C fast chargers. Gallium nitride is able to perform much greater voltages over time than silicon-- for that reason GaN fast chargers do not need as lots of components and also can be smaller
Are GaN Fast Chargers Worth the Extra Money?
GaN semiconductors usually cost more than silicon chargers. However, because of enhanced efficiency, there's a decreased reliance on added materials like heatsinks, filters, and also circuit elements. You may even save a bit of cash on your power costs because more efficient chargers imply less wasted energy
it's risk-free to claim GaN technology is the wave of the future and will be available in many more charging devices soon
Let's take a hyphen-x 100w charger as an example to better understand what is GaN!
Hyphen-X utilizes the industry-leading GaN Chip Innoscience Power IC to better power and performance. The new Gallium Nitride semiconductor material allows for power devices that can operate at higher voltages and switching frequency which creates smaller and more efficient chargers
When Hyphen-X GaN fast charger compared with a regular charger,the charger with GaN technology will have more advantages
- smaller in size. No heatsink and fewer components
- GaN charger plugs can be folded for 90°, which is not only convenient for storage, but also does not occupy space
- Hyphen-x GaN fast charge can charging 2 USB-C and 2 USB-A devices at the same time,nomatter you phone,laptop or tablets
- Uses high-end environmental protection and fire-proof material, which is fire-resistant and high-temperature resistant.
- Hyphen-X 100w GaN fast charger support Apple 2.4A / Samsung 5V/2A / DCP / PD 2.0/3.0 / PPS, QC 2.0/3.0/4.0+ / SCP / AFCP / FCP / MTK PE+2.0
- They are suitable for almond all kinds of charger notebook computers, mobile phones, tablets, power bank, game machines and other devices with type-C interface
- Use Apple products as an example, it takes about 1 hour and 25 minutes to charge the apple mobile phone with the Gan charger, and about 2.1 hours to charge the laptop. Compared with the ordinary charger, it greatly improves the charging efficiency and shortens the charging time
- Gan charger has the advantages of high power, small volume, fast charging
When the supply and the cost become reasonable, it’s likely to replace the normal battery chargers and become the mainstream in the futher
You can purchase the GaNPort-65PD from this link