iOS 15 release date: Sept. 20
At the iPhone 13 event on Sept. 14, Apple announced that iOS 15 would be generally available for free download on Sept. 20.
And if you've been holding onto the same iPhone since 2015 or later, you will likely be eligible to receive iOS 15. Apple's iOS 15 is available on the iPhone 6S and every iPhone onward.
iOS 15 New Features
- Watch together Listen together
- Share your screen Synced playback
- Shared music queue Smart volume
- Multiple device support Connect through audio, video, and text
Messages-Shared with You
- Pins Photos
- Safari Apple News
- Apple Music Apple Podcasts
- Apple TV app Switch phone numbers in Messages
- Two different eye colors New Memoji stickers
- Multicolored headwear New accessibility options
- New glasses Clothing
- Status API Driving auto-reply
- Allowed notifications Focus across your devices
- Focus customization Focus setup suggestions
- New look for notifications Notification summary
- Muting suggestions Mute notifications
- Time Sensitive notifications Communication notifications
- New driving features Interactive globe
- Redesigned transit Detailed new city experience
- All-new place cards User account
- Bottom tab bar Customizable start page
- HTTPS upgrade New privacy protections
- Voice search Tab overview grid view
- Enhanced connectivity on 5G 5G preferred over Wi-Fi
- Improved Panorama captures Zoom in QuickTake video
- Select from UPI payment apps in India
- iCloud Private Relay Hide My Email
- HomeKit Secure Video Custom email domain
- Account Recovery Contacts Digital Legacy program
How to Download iOS 15?
Now that iOS 15 is generally available, you may receive a notification from Apple informing you that you can update. Alternatively, you can do this manually by going to the "Settings" app> "General"> "Software Update" and under the "Also available" section, click "Upgrade to iOS 15."
If you have already installed the iOS 15 beta version on your phone, you can uninstall it before downloading the final version of the operating system. This is why you may have to wait to install the full version of iOS 15.
Make Sure your Device is Compatible With iOS 15
If you've purchased a new iPhone in the last six years, it'll be compatible with iOS 15.
ipad pro 12.9 inch(all generation)